So this is just a resource (and a list of resources) for anyone interested in becoming a financially independent scientist. Basically, I’m going to index as many relevant organizations as possible that will help you formally make a contribution to basic science. In the future, I might write a couple of articles discussing how to become one.
List of Open Access Publishers
- Directory of Open Access Jornals (https://doaj.org/)
- Frontiers Media (https://www.frontiersin.org/)
- CogentOA (https://www.cogentoa.com/)
- arXiv (https://arxiv.org/) —an e-print service offered by Cornell University.
- viXra (http://vixra.org/) —an alternative to arXiv
General Book Publishers
NOTE that these publishers aren’t really peer reviewed.
- Wiley (http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/)
- McGraw-Hill Education (http://www.mheducation.com/)
- Macmillan Education (http://www.macmillaneducation.com/)
- Random House (http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/)
- Penguin Publishing (http://www.penguin.com/)
- Simon & Schuster (http://www.simonandschuster.com/)